The Art of Having Fun
Sips & Snacks: La Dolce Vita Inspired Sparkling Limoncello Cocktail
7 years ago
We’re nearing the end of our annual La Dolce Vita sale (only one day left after today!), but we’re not losing steam… If you’re joining us a little late and haven’t yet heard the news, let us fill you in. Our entire La Dolce Vita collection is 25 percent off until tomorrow night, which means we’re celebrating all things Italian. We are endlessly inspired by this series that boasts colorful vistas and umbrella dotted beaches, and today our inspiration is translating into a fresh cocktail recipe you can try right at home.
We’ve always been fans of the Italian lemon liquor Limoncello, but making your own Limoncello at home requires days of preparation and time to allow the ingredients to infuse and come together for the final product. With that in mind, we thought we would create a much quicker alternative to the classic Limoncello cocktail, and add our own spin on the sip with a prosecco base. Long story short, today we’re bringing you all our very own La Dolce Vita inspired prosecco Limoncello cocktail that will have you feeling like you’re dining al fresco in Italia in no time. Keep scrolling for the full recipe below…
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh lemons (to make 1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice, and for garnish)
- prosecco or other sparkling wine
- mint leaves (for garnish)
For the Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over low heat while stirring consistently. Continue stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- When your mixture is thoroughly combined and dissolved, pour into a heat safe bowl and let it sit until it reaches room temperature. Stir in 1 ½ cups of fresh lemon juice until evenly combined.
For the Cocktail
- Start by prepping your cocktail glasses with a sugared rim. (This is easy as can be—simply take half a lemon and swipe it around the entire rim until you can see it coated with just a bit of lemon juice. Then dip upside down in a shallow dish filled with white sugar until evenly coated.)
- Fill each glass with 3 parts prosecco and 1 part vodka.
- Add 1 tablespoon of your lemon simple syrup, as well as a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if you like it citrusy. (We’d recommend this step—it makes the cocktail incredibly fresh and crisp.)
- Lastly, garnish with mint leaves and a small lemon wedge for a touch of sophistication. Tip: The mint leaves also give the cocktail a fresh scent that complements the taste incredibly well when you’re sipping!
- Enjoy! Let us just say that sugared rim and simple syrup combo give it a sweetness that is unbelievably good…
Are you going to try this fresh Italian inspired cocktail at home?
We couldn’t recommend it more! This cocktail is definitely reminding us of our days spent in Italy, and pairs perfectly with a view of our favorite La Dolce Vita prints. We hope you try this recipe at home, and don’t forget to shop the La Dolce Vita sale HERE, before it ends tomorrow…
Xx Team GM